How To Make Vitamin C From Citrus PeelsMake sure you like Herbs & Oils World on Facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic tutorial for exciting and innovative ways you can use herbs and essential oils.
Save yourself some money and make your own vitamin C powder with live enzymes by following these simple steps…
How To Make Vitamin C From Citrus Peels
- Assemble a variety of citrus fruits – e.g. lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines and grapefruits. It is important that the fruit is organic as you don’t want to be eating peels sprayed with nasty chemicals.
- Wash the fruit (perhaps using this homemade produce wash) and peel off the skin.
- Cut the peels into small thin squares, place on a cloth and put by the window in full sunlight.
- Allow the peels to dry and shrivel for a few days.
- Once dried, use a coffee grinder or similar device and turn your peels into a powder. Store in an airtight container.
Simply mix one teaspoon into your morning smoothie or juice to get more than your required vitamin C dose for the day.